Thursday 25 October 2012

contents page







 


















 For my content page I did not want to use a background image because I wanted to go for a minimalistic style but I did use a cover of my magazine so there is some kind of an image on the contents page. For the background I used black and made it fade away to white so it doesn’t look dull. In using black for the background I was able to make my title white which would stand out clearing.

I only used blue and white mainly for my text because I wanted to stick to the same theme as on my cover. Also I used black for the text for the issue column so it does not look to boring and same as everything else on the page. I included a quote from a student which I think shows a sense of care to it.  

I went for a simple layout using three columns, two of them mainly for the information and the other for the cover page and a little paragraph of what you would be seeing in the magazine, in addition I decided to have the title on the space above and tilt to the left like they do on Vibe magazine and I thought this would suit my magazine as well as I wanted to go for a minimal look. Also for design purposes only I decided to separate each heading using a dotted line so you are able to look down and stop at any particular point and not reading one headline and another description. 

I found using InDesign for this quite frustrating to use but I helped in creating a successful contents page after I got held of how to use it. I found the guidelines on top of the layout very useful because it made me structuring my  layout simple because all I needed to do was draw a text box, choose a font which suited the whole page and position it, so it looked aesthetically pleasing to the target market. 








No comments:

Post a Comment